Where has the comment sort order gone in the new JIRA Cloud issue view?

Jason Riley February 13, 2019

In the old view, you could set the sort order of comments. The default is newest to the bottom, but it generally makes sense to have newest at the top so that the latest information is accessible. Where has the sort gone in the new view? I'm unable to locate it anywhere.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2019

Hello Jason,

Thank you for getting in touch with Atlassian Community!
Currently, it's not possible to sort the activities when using the new issue view. We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69548
Please, click on vote and watch in order to hear about updates on the development cycle.

Regards,
Angélica

Kevin Wilson October 2, 2019

Yes, I agree with Jason. I can't sort comments in the new issue view. Another reason I like the old view.

Ethan October 29, 2020

It's useful to be able to sort comments with the latest first as comments can be quite lengthy.

0 votes
Rick Andrews March 26, 2021

It seems the feature is back, but it has a serious problem that has cost us.  When I have it sorted by Oldest first, which is how our tools are configured, scrolling down the bottom used to show you the newest comment.  But, now, if there are a lot of comments, scrolling down to the bottom just shows you a button to click to see more newer comments.  That button used to be at the top and allowed you to see older comments.  When you scrolled down, it always showed you the newest comment at the bottom.  We have made tons of mistakes in our triaging because of this.  Can you please change it back so the button is ONLY for showing older comments?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 29, 2021

Hello Rick,

Thank you for your feedback.

The feature that is in progress is the one below and I saw that you added your feedback there as well:

I also added the link to this question and your comment as internal, so our Product Managers and Developers can view it.

Since the feature is still in development, some things might still change, so the best place to share issues or new ideas is directly on the ticket.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Like Dario B likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events