Where do I find "View Workflow" in a ticket?

Josep Artigas June 27, 2018

In the old view, next to the status of a ticket there was a link "View Workflow" that showed the current status workflow configured. 

Where can I find this link within the ticket in the new view?

Thanks

5 answers

1 vote
Neo1!1 June 30, 2022

This is an old issue but I'm new to the community so I allow myself to respond. I can see the "View Workflow" option from the drop-down item Status box. It's were you see the transitions of the issue. It's the last option in the list.

1 vote
donjoe June 28, 2018

In the Project menu on the right side, 

1. Click "Issues and Filters"

2. Click "All Issues" (or any other list of Issues that you will find your specific Issue in) in the new menu

3. In the list of all the issues that comes up in the main menu, click on the issue that you are interested in. 

4. In the side window, you can see the details about the Issue, in which you will again see the "Status" of the Issue under which you can find the "(View Workflow)" button.

Capture1.PNG

Ronnie Sollien June 17, 2019

Nope, this is broken.

Matt Watson-Power July 1, 2019

I can't see the view workflow link when I do this. 
I have been tasked with designing a revised workflow for our team. In the old view, I could see the workflow (so I could base the new design on that). 
I do not have appropriate privs to change workflow but I will submit a new flow / design and someone else will update but I need to be able to see the existing workflow mapping. How do I do this? 

Ronnie Sollien July 2, 2019

It turned out that I (or the team I think it was) hadn't permissions to see the workflow. It is fixed by our admin here. An now I see the Workflow link.

I think you need a special permission to also edit in workflows

I think the "old view" is gone by now... Now we have the "new view" and "JIRA-Labs", jira-labs is forced on new users by default but can be turned off in user settings.

Jean-Michel Bernard July 2, 2019

@Ronnie Sollien Thanks for your feedback.

I've searched again in the Jira configuration maze, but could not find where to unlock it.

Can your admin post here (or you ask him nicely :) and post yourself) to lead the community to know where the settings are to unlock this link?

0 votes
Hasintha Chameera July 17, 2023

I know this is very late reply but add my answer here anyway due to the fact that the solution is not added here. 

You can find the "view workflow" on the task status section.

1. Select a task and open it.

2. Click on the arrow on task status

3. Dropdown expanded and you can see the "view workflow" at the bottom.

vwf.png

0 votes
Nikki Reed July 2, 2019

In order to turn off the new Issue View, you can follow these steps.  I now can see the View Workflow link:

In the Project menu on the right side, 

1. Click "Issues and Filters"

2. Click "All Issues" (or any other list of Issues that you will find your specific Issue in) in the new menu

3. Within an issue view, select the icon with the three dots in the upper right hand corner and select to turn off new issue view.  This will direct you to your personal settings where you can toggle this feature to off.  

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2018

Hi!

This is controlled by the permissions:

View Workflow.jpg

Please, check the appropriate permission scheme.

Neil Hunt February 28, 2019

Did we get an answer to this? I understand that we need appropriate permissions, but I don't even see the link to view workflow in the new view, even as administrator

Like # people like this
Jean-Michel Bernard April 18, 2019

Hi,

I understand this question is almost 1 year old, but for those who are looking for the right screen in Jira about the screenshot above, you need to display your Permission schemes, then select the one scheme that interests you, and there you have the View Read-Only Workflow.

HOWEVER, all in all, it does not answer the initial question.

For us, this option is activated for any logged-in user, but I don't see the "View workflow" link even though I can see it if I switch back to the old view.

If I'm correct, it means that this permission does not have an impact on the new issue view.

And now, if I may add my question, how to choose to keep using the old view?

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer