When exporting JIRA search results to csv linked issues column does not appear

To replicate in JIRA (Cloud):  

1) Navigate to Search issues.

2) Add column "Linked Issues"

3) Search for something (that results in Linked Issues in some of the results)

4) Export to csv with "current fields".  The column of "Linked Issues" is not there.

5) Export to HTML report "current fields".  The column of "Linked Issues" IS there.

Why does it not appear with CSV?

2 answers

0 votes
Brant Schroeder Community Champion Sep 20, 2017

Angie

In the CSV it should have the linked issues but they will be labeled by the link type.  For instance I have an issue that has three links associated in the issues search view.  When I export using CSV current fields there is no linked issues column.  There is however three additional columns with the titles:

• Outward issue link (Blocks)
  • Outward issue link (Relates)
  • Outward issue link (Blocks)

The issue numbers are associated with the proper field.  Since I have two issues that are linked and blocked it creates two additional columns with the same header name.

Hope this helps.

I'm not sure I understand.  Looking at my results, I guess my linked issues must tie to this Issue ID field I see in the excel doc.  Here are my results in JIRA:

jira results.jpgand here are my csv results:

csv export.jpgI was hoping it would give me the linked jiras, and possibly even give them to me as hyperlinks.

What version of JIRA are you using?

It's JIRA Cloud.  I don't think there is a version to reference with the cloud version.

I have server so maybe the behavior is different and that is not available in cloud.

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov Community Champion Nov 17, 2017

Hi guys! 

Unfortunately, it is related JIRA Software 7.3.6.

May be anyone knows this bug reproducable on other standalone system?

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

321 views 0 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot