What triggers the captcha login requirement?

Hello,

I know that captcha is triggered if I attempt to login with incorrect credentials too many times. Are there any other situations where the captcha requirement is triggered? I was running a stress-tester for my application that pulls data from the JIRA API, and found that I needed to enter captcha about halfway through the tests – despite the fact that my application logs into my JIRA account using credentials written in my registry (i.e. there is no way the credentials are being typed in wrong).

Is the captcha requirement somehow related to the rate limit error? It's likely I hit this during my stress test.

Thanks,

Adam

1 answer

Adam, I am using a custom application to integrate with JIRA via REST API and I am getting intermittent authentication errors as well, locking out the service user.  I have to clear failed login attempts in order for the integration to work again (or answer the captcha), but the credentials are programmatically entered like in your situation so I am at a loss as to what could be triggering it.  Did you ever get an answer to this question?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

We want to know what Jira Service Desk apps you're using!

Hi Community! My name is Amir and I’m on the Jira Service Desk product marketing team at Atlassian. Our team would love to understand how you’re leveraging our ecosystem for Jira Service Desk. Wha...

40 views 0 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you