What triggers the captcha login requirement?

Adam Bolding-Jones November 8, 2016

Hello,

I know that captcha is triggered if I attempt to login with incorrect credentials too many times. Are there any other situations where the captcha requirement is triggered? I was running a stress-tester for my application that pulls data from the JIRA API, and found that I needed to enter captcha about halfway through the tests – despite the fact that my application logs into my JIRA account using credentials written in my registry (i.e. there is no way the credentials are being typed in wrong).

Is the captcha requirement somehow related to the rate limit error? It's likely I hit this during my stress test.

Thanks,

Adam

1 answer

0 votes
bwalk January 6, 2017

Adam, I am using a custom application to integrate with JIRA via REST API and I am getting intermittent authentication errors as well, locking out the service user.  I have to clear failed login attempts in order for the integration to work again (or answer the captcha), but the credentials are programmatically entered like in your situation so I am at a loss as to what could be triggering it.  Did you ever get an answer to this question?

Pavan Kumar October 9, 2018

I face similar issue. Please let me know if you found the root cause.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events