What to set in the status of a Zephyr ticket

Yasmine BEN ATTIA April 17, 2020

I have created a new Jira Zephyr test, I manually set the status to "in progress" and affect the ticket to a tester.

Then I will execute it in many test cycles (different sprints), each execution has its own status, and each execution is run by someone else.

For example in sprint 1 the test has failed, then in sprint 2 it passed.

In sprint1 it is executed by Max, In sprint 2 it is executed by Laura.

I want to know what is the value of the ticket status in this case? Should I change it manually after and before each execution? 

How do you proceed in this situation? Any suggestion please!test h - Copy.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
jagadeesh madhura
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2020

You can use the status of jira depends on your workflow

The below is one of the best usecase on how to proceed jira level status for zephyr testcase

As a tester I will create new zephyr test case now status will be open by default, next I will update my testcase like steps, attachment, custom fields, components labels etc during these changes tester can change the status to in-progress, once he is done with all the updates he can mark it as done and assign to test lead/senior qa

Once it is assigned to test lead,/senior qa they will review the changes done by tester, during this time he can reopen the test and update once all changes is done they can change the status to verified or done or closed (some people will use done or closed or verified )

Once status is done/closed/verified that means there is no changes to do the testcase status . now this testcase is ready for executing in cycles/folders in cycle summary page

Now you can assign those testcases in cycles and ask testers to execute , during this time tester will update zephyr test execution status in each cycle

Hope this helps on how to use jira level status for zephyr testcase. Let me know if you are looking for any other usecase

Yasmine BEN ATTIA April 17, 2020

Thank you, that was very helpful and clear

Like jagadeesh madhura likes this

Suggest an answer