What is the correct UPDATE query for MySQL?

Dawid Pura March 2, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Unable to move issue to another Issue Type due to 'The issue type selected is invalid' error

I am trying to run this update query:

INSERT INTO optionconfiguration VALUES ((SELECT MAX(id)+1 FROM optionconfiguration), 'issuetype', '10004', 10000, (SELECT MAX(sequence)+1 FROM optionconfiguration WHERE fieldconfig=10000));

And I am getting an error:

INSERT INTO optionconfiguration VALUES ((SELECT MAX(id)+1 FROM optionconfiguration), 'issuetype', '10004', 10000, (SELECT MAX(sequence)+1 FROM optionconfiguration WHERE fieldconfig=10000)) Error Code: 1093. You can't specify target table 'optionconfiguration' for update in FROM clause 0,035 sec

I think its related to this issue with inner queries. Any idea how to turn this SQL statement to correct one?

1 answer

0 votes
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2016

The error is likely due to the fact that you are referencing the same table in the INSERT and the subqueries.  All I can suggest offhand is inserting into a temporary table, then inserting the result(s) to optionconfiguration.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events