Web Clipper for Jira

Mark Scarton August 21, 2019

I'm looking for a gadget or plugin that would allow my team to

1. select a section of text or region on a page,
  2. prompt with a list of Jira tickets for which they are the assignee or participant,
  3. allow them to select a ticket, then
  4. append the text to that ticket as a comment.

Ideally it should keep the formatting of the original content.

I've done similar things with MacOS by creating a custom service. For example, feed a selection of text into Google translate for a specific language. I also use Evernote's web clipper to clip portions of web pages, windows, etc. into an Evernote note.

I think that this would improve my team's velocity and my organization's IP retention tremendously.

One big source of information is emails. Another is web pages.

I'd prefer to stay away from browser plugins; I don't want to engage in the browser wars. Everyone has their favorite. And I'd be fine with a tool that is MacOS specific.

2 answers

0 votes
ccclapp April 13, 2022

I would also like such functionality, thanks for suggesting it

0 votes
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2019

Using some browser extension seems to be the best options for this.

Mark Scarton August 23, 2019

Yes, but that doesn't fit the requirements that I laid out. One of the principle data sources that I need to accomodate is email from varying clients, not web. Plus I'm not ready to edict which browser(s) my staff may use.

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2019

hmm! I got it now.

So using different mail clients also eliminates  possibility of using/creating Jira Plugin.

Only viable thing I see now is creating an os application and using rest api to fetch ticket ids and push comment to those tickets. I don't think any things like this available right now.

Suggest an answer