Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Web Clipper for Jira

I'm looking for a gadget or plugin that would allow my team to

1. select a section of text or region on a page,
  2. prompt with a list of Jira tickets for which they are the assignee or participant,
  3. allow them to select a ticket, then
  4. append the text to that ticket as a comment.

Ideally it should keep the formatting of the original content.

I've done similar things with MacOS by creating a custom service. For example, feed a selection of text into Google translate for a specific language. I also use Evernote's web clipper to clip portions of web pages, windows, etc. into an Evernote note.

I think that this would improve my team's velocity and my organization's IP retention tremendously.

One big source of information is emails. Another is web pages.

I'd prefer to stay away from browser plugins; I don't want to engage in the browser wars. Everyone has their favorite. And I'd be fine with a tool that is MacOS specific.

1 answer

0 votes
DPK J Community Leader Aug 21, 2019

Using some browser extension seems to be the best options for this.

Yes, but that doesn't fit the requirements that I laid out. One of the principle data sources that I need to accomodate is email from varying clients, not web. Plus I'm not ready to edict which browser(s) my staff may use.

DPK J Community Leader Aug 23, 2019

hmm! I got it now.

So using different mail clients also eliminates  possibility of using/creating Jira Plugin.

Only viable thing I see now is creating an os application and using rest api to fetch ticket ids and push comment to those tickets. I don't think any things like this available right now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,971 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you