Use SQLProcessor in Jira 7.1.1

Fleming Chiu March 12, 2016

Hi there,

I am trying to use SQLProcessor to execute my select sql command that I've used in my old JIRA 5.4.

Even Including the jira-core in my pom.xml, I still cannot find the reference of org.ofbiz.core.entity.jdbc.SQLProcessor

Is there any change in JIRA 7.1.1 in SQLProcessor?

Thank you.

1 answer

2 votes
crf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2016

I'm not sure I would encourage using SQLProcessor directly.  It belongs to the fork of the OfBiz Entity Engine that JIRA uses, and other than the Charting plugin, even we don't use SQLProcessor directly.  I'm also not sure why you would want to use it, because as far as I can tell it is absolutely terrible code and you'd be better off avoiding it.

That said... We haven't done anything to expressly hide it, so it should still be available through jira-core.  The only changes I'm aware of are those around the monitoring of how many connections a single thread is using and the fact that this gets reported to discourage developers from using database connections more recklessly than they should.

Fleming Chiu March 13, 2016

OK!  I am aware of what you said. Thanks for your kind answer!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events