Upgrading when you have both JIRA Software and JIRA Core

Rusty Z February 13, 2018

So I initially bought JIRA Core but then Bought JIRA Software which is installed in the same instance as JIRA Core (I used the "Try JIRA Software" button to add it.  I was on JIRA Core 7.4.1 and I know theres a now 7.7.1 but I don't think there is a 7.71 of JIRA software yet.  So my question is twofold....

1. Should I be keeping them on the same release number since they are both installed?

2. If #1 is a yes, how do I upgrade JIRA Core to the latest Jira Software release using the web interface?  I know I could download the installer for the specific version and run it. and I will do that if I have to.  But can it be done via the web interface?  If I click the Upgrade to 7.7.1 button will it just take me to the latest version compatible with the latest JIRA Software version?  

EDIT: Nevermind.. It seems I should have looked before I posted.. there is a JIRA Software 7.7.1 as well and the update button has you download the installer anyways.  

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2018

Hi Rusty,

It looks like you already found a solution here. But just in case other users find this post later, yes you can just use the Jira Software installation package to upgrade both Core and Software at the same time.  You can download this from https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/update

Please note this installer uses a format of either exe, bin, tar.gz, or zip.  This package has to be installed from the OS of the server, this isn't something that can be updated via the web browser in the Jira web interface directly.   More information in Upgraing Jira applications

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events