Unable to modify Jira Automation rule to add new conditions and actions

Tejas Shah April 29, 2020

Hi 

I have an active Jira Automation rule to automatically transition the issue when an incoming webhook is triggered. This rules works fine. I am now trying to update the rule to add transition rule condition for a new issue type. However when trying to modify the rule to add a new else/if condition and then a new branch rule within the else/if condition, I am unable to add a new condition/action under the branch condition. When even I click on the Add component button It displays me the the page to save the rule. even after saving the rule if I try to click on the Add Condition or Add Action button instead of showing me the form to add the condition or the action I am again shown the form to save the automation rule. So I am never able to add a new condition or action. 

Please note: Before today I was always able to modify the rules. It used to work just fine. But this is not working today. It was working fine yesterday. 

1 answer

0 votes
Elad Ben-Noam April 30, 2020

@Tejas Shah  - my first guess is cookies, try to open your Jira on a private browsing window, if it works there then it must be the cookies and you need to clear all related cookies to the Jira instance.

If nothing has changed and you are not on some trial automation for jira on Jira Server - I can't think of anything else?

Can you create new rules?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events