Unable to create or start sprints?

NAW June 10, 2016

Hi,

I am getting the following error, please note that I am the project admin on both projects. 

"The projects in this board cannot be listed because of the complexity of the board filter"

This is the query I am using:

project in (Project1,Project2) AND "Nodes" in ("Nodes from project 1") AND "Project Drop Delivery" not in (D1, D2) AND "Go To Market Phase" in ("R1, R2") and ("HLDs" != "xyz" or "HLDs" is EMPTY) OR "Assign to" = Name OR "Fix by" = Name ORDER BY Rank ASC

Underline = Project 1, Project 2

Italics = Project 1 

Bold = Project 2 

2 answers

1 vote
Andre Borzzatto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2016

This is not really an error, it's just a message in JIRA Agile stating your Filter query is simply too complex and JIRA can't tell you exactly what projects are being retrieved.

Your OR clause might be retrieving in this board more than just the two projects you specified.

You'll likely have to put yourself as an admin in all your projects to fix this issue, or to remove the OR clause.

Hope this helps!

NAW June 10, 2016

Thanks Andre, unfortunately I can't be the admin for all the projects. I looked at the extract and it seems like it's only pulling data from the 2 projects I specified.

That leaves me with option 2, how do I remove the "OR" clause, can you guide me with the query? thank you!

Andre Borzzatto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2016

You have to edit the query and remove the OR clauses. I'm not sure of what you mean by fix it. The OR clause will always retrieve all projects in your instance, since what you are considering as an statement for your JQL is a JIRA field and All projects are retrieved when you query for JIRA fields.

"Assign to" = Name

The first portion of your query: project in (Project1,Project2) AND "Nodes" in ("Nodes from project 1") AND "Project Drop Delivery" not in (D1, D2) AND "Go To Market Phase" in ("R1, R2") and ("HLDs" != "xyz" or "HLDs" is EMPTY)

is using AND conditions causing your project in (Project1,Project2) to be aggregated to all your later expressions. However, when the OR clause is inserted, all the first portion of your query will be ignored, which's logical since you are using an OR query.

Well, to summarise, you need to remove this OR "Assign to" = Name OR "Fix by" = Name from your query or find a way to express the same rules in another way.

Hope this helps!

Like Shankaranand Ramanathan likes this
NAW June 10, 2016

Thanks Andre!

Like Andre Borzzatto likes this
0 votes
Chu Manh Quang _Scrum Master_ July 21, 2021

@Andre Borzzatto Please help me with the similar trouble,

my command: (project = H2HROLLOUT AND issuetype in (Story, Task) AND component = "Squad 8 (Roll out)") OR (issueFunction in subtasksOf("(project = H2HROLLOUT AND issuetype in (Story, Task) AND component = 'Squad 8 (Roll out)')")) ORDER BY Rank ASC

And i can't manage Sprint.

Suggest an answer