Track Changes in select field type custom field

Hi

I have a single select field type custom field on our JIRA instance (6.1).

Say the select field has values A, B, C and D. 

My requirement is to identify issues which have changed the values from A to B sometime in the past.

Is it possible? With some scripting ? directly running queries on database? or via some plugin?

Rahul

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

using Oracle you can do a query on the history this way.   I have my own materialized view to track and index the pkey but i think this has the right fields for a normal query.

SELECT CG.ISSUEID, P.PKEY || '-' || JI.ISSUENUM as PKEY
FROM JIRAUSER.CHANGEGROUP CG, JIRAUSER.CHANGEITEM CI, JIRAISSUE JI, PROJECT P
WHERE CG.ID = CI.GROUPID and CG.ISSUEID = JI.ID and JI.PROJECT = P.ID
    AND FIELD = '<Field Name Here>'
    AND DBMS_LOB.Substr(OLDSTRING, 200, 1) = 'A'
    and DBMS_LOB.Substr(NEWSTRING, 200, 1) = 'B'
Steven Behnke Community Champion Nov 10, 2015

What sort of output do you need? I'd like you to be more clear in your use-case or requirements. Likely this could be accomplished with Script Runner or something of that nature. Please note that System Fields can be searched via the WAS function, supporting historical searching. Custom Fields do not support the WAS function.

I want to identify issues which have changed their values from A to B for my custom field. Is there a way i can achieve this?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

56 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you