Time tracking - Not rolling up to parent

Nick Evans June 17, 2019

I have a Kanban project. (JIRA Cloud)

On my Stories I would like the time remaining to roll from sub tasks to the parent but this does not occur.  

Additionally I would like this to be displayed on the Kanban board. 

How can I achieve this ? 

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2019

Hello Nick, 

Welcome to Atlassian community!

The summing of sub-task estimation can be achieved only in the Old issue View, where you have a flag to include sub-task estimation in the Tim Tracking field of the Parent Story.

We have a feature request to implement it in the New issue view here:

New JIRA Issue View don't roll up the time tracking to its parent

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

For now, you can use the old issue view as mentioned in the feature request to achieve the feature you want by clicking on your profile picture in the left bottom corner > Personal Settings > Turn off the New Issue View.

Let me know if this information helps.

Nick Evans June 20, 2019

Thanks for the response. In answer to your question no it doesn't help.

I would have thought that this is expected behaviour? How can I vote on the issue?

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2019

Hello Nick,

Sorry to hear the workaround provided with the Old issue view does not help. Could you please provide us more details about your scenario so we can provide you any other options?

In other words, I would like to know what features you are using in the New issue view that do not have/don't work as you expect in the Old issue view, causing the workaround suggested to be not useful. Maybe I can suggest new options for you until the fix implementation. :)

To vote for the feature request, you need to navigate to it and click on "This affects my team" in the Affected customers field at the right menu.

Additionally, I would like to mention that the New issue view is still a lab(beta) feature on JIRA, so our developers are applying updates more frequently which might boost the velocity of bug fixes and new features request that has returned a huge number of votes and feedback.

That been said, I encourage you to even provide your feedback in the reported bug about how this lack is impacting your team. I have also added this community question in an internal comment, so our developers can be aware of the number of views, votes and impacted customers this might return together with other community questions.

Let us know if you still have any other questions.

Suggest an answer