I have a major issue in burning the efforts in JIRA tasks. Please find the screenshot attached to Time tracking as it is disabled for me. As per the JIRA Support document, I should be able to update the time by following the below steps.
Please help us update the JIRA time tracking ASAP.Log time on an issue once you've started to work on a specific issue, log time to keep a record of it. That'll let you to your original estimate with how long it actually took to resolve the issue.
Hi Vidya and Welcome,
There are a few thinks you need to check in order to determine where the problem is, note that you need to have Jira administration permission to make the following changes:
- Is the time tracking feature enabled?
Time tracking is ON by default. However, this feature can be disabled from the Time Tracking administration page.
- Choose (cog icon) > Issues.
- Select Issue Features > Time Tracking to open the Time Tracking page.
- Click the 'Activate' button to turn time tracking ON in case this feature is disabled.
- Have you permission to Log Work on the desired Jira Project?
If the permission schemes used by your project(s) already have the appropriate Work On Issues permissions, then there is no need to proceed any further.
However, if you need to configure these permissions, proceed with the remaining steps below:
- Go to the desired page administration page and click the 'permission scheme' link. The 'Permissions Scheme' page will be displayed.
- Click the 'Permissions' link of the permission scheme associated with the project(s) where you wish to specify Work On Issues permissions. The 'Edit Permissions' page is displayed for your chosen permission scheme.
- Check whether the row labeled 'Work On Issues' contains the appropriate users, groups or project roles who need to specify time estimates or log work. If it does not, click the 'Add' link in the 'Operations' column.
I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events