The assignee unable to receive the mail notification

Deleted user April 13, 2021

Scheme used by my project is Low Notification Scheme.

1. According the current notification setting, the assignee should be receive a mail notification if any update on the story or issue, but actually the assignee received nothing if any update on the story. Do you have idea for this problem and how to fix it?

2. To change the notifications, contact your Jira administrator. How to find out the Jira administrator contact information?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user April 14, 2021

Hi, 

Thanks for your quickly response. 

I found the assignee won't received the mail notification if the assignee update the issue in Jira by default. 

Yes, you are right, after update the notification settingy in the user profile, the assignee also can get the notification too if he update the issue. 

Thanks!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2021

are you in the same jira project?

do you get jira mails for the issues? - then mails work and are possibly in spam folder of your team member.

what are the notification settingy in the user profile?

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/manage-your-jira-personal-settings/

You can choose whether you receive email notifications for issue activity when:

• You’re watching the issue

• You’re the reporter

• You're the assignee for the issue

• Someone mentions you

• You make changes to an issue

Even if you clear all checkboxes, you may still receive other email notifications configured by your Jira admin.

admin:

do you know who gave you your login data?

aks your boss who'S your jira admin / contact person

Deleted user April 14, 2021

Once accepted the the Jira Terms of Service  then I can login the Jira with my LDAP ID automatically when opening my company Jira website. So actually no one gave me the login data and I have no idea who is the jira admin / contact person. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events