Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Tables in new Jira View Editor

Wiki markup supports creating tables using pipe characters. We use these extensively in our issue descriptions, and they render correctly in the new issue view.

However, if we edit the description the new (markdown) editor fails to load giving "This text has unsupported formatting" and we're left editing raw source.

Untitled 8.png

Worse, there seems to be no way to create a table in the new editor.

I searched for any info on this missing functionality and whether there are plans to restore it, but haven't found anything.

Any information/workarounds?

4 answers

Removing tables is a big downgrade in functionality. 

This was a really useful feature of the old view. Very powerful in BDD where we start with examples. Also great for modelling data and report features.

Kindly re-add support for markdown tables. I use them extensively.

1 vote

I have the same problem.

Don't know if it's a bug or if Atlassian remove the option for wiki markup tables in Jira.

but i have a workaround (that work for now).

When you are in your issue view, for exmaple:

xxxxxxxxx.atlassian.net/browse/NHT-1

Add "?oldIssueView=true" after your issue id, so your url will look like:

xxxxxxxxx.atlassian.net/browse/NHT-1?oldIssueView=true

Than you will have the option to add tables to your description field and it will be shown when you are back to the new look, it goes away if you will try to edit the field in the new look.

Thanks, yes I meant to mention that in my original question. My worry is that when the old editor and wiki markup are no longer available (which Atlassian makes clear is going to happen) we'll be stuck.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,998 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you