Subtask time aggregation using a filter containing the parent but not the subtask

Andy Dawkins December 18, 2015

Add-on: Time Reports for JIRA Cloud

Version: 1.1.3-AC

I have a Timesheet report that gathers all the logged time for a month and aggregates all the time logged in subtasks up to the parent issue.

I have a custom field added to the parent task to indicate if the issue is "Capitalisable" (Yes/No)

I have two saved filters

• IT Dev: Capitalisable = project in (A, B, C) AND Capitalisable = Yes AND type != Epic
  • IT Dev: Non-Capitalisable = project in (A, B, C) AND Capitalisable = No AND type != Epic

When I use the filter in the report I get a time report based on the time logged in the parent tasks only.  It doesn't include the subtasks because the filters exclude them owing to the fact that they don't have the Capitalisable custom field set.

Example:

timesheet-december-2015.png

The report using the same filter in the previous plug-in "JIRA Timesheet Reports and Gadgets Plugin" version 3.0.1.0 (which is now being removed from JIRA Cloud) successfully aggregates time logged from subtasks.

timesheetreport_december_2015.png

How can I get the same behaviour from the new plug-in?

Regards,

-Andy

3 answers

1 vote
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2015

Hi Andy,

Should work the same now, please try.

Thank you.

0 votes
jBarra May 8, 2016

Hello Andy.

I would like to see the Progress and the Original Estimate, Time Remaining, Time Spent, etc. when there are sub-task (with Logged Time and Estimation) inside of a task.

In the below image, I show you the problem: In SOL-82 and SOL-92 I have worklogged only in the sub-tasks and there. The progress does show nothing, no time tracking is showed (so I think the "Sum SubTasks" doesn't work properly).

Thank you.

image2016-5-9 10:33:24.png

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2016

Hi Javier,

This is known problem, please watch issue#771 for possible update.

Thank you.

0 votes
Andy Dawkins December 20, 2015

Thanks Andriy,

That does indeed seem to have fixed the problem.

Regards,

-AndyD

Suggest an answer