1) I have created Story with Original Estimate of 4w
2) I have created Subtask 1 Original Estimate of 2w
3) I have created Subtask 2 Original Estimate of 2w
4) I log work on Subtask1 for 1 w
5) Subtask1 Remaining Estimate shows 1w which is correct
6) Story Remaining Estimate still shows 4w
Please suggest why log work is not rolling up to Parent Story.
I think you have misunderstood. Time tracking and time estimation are the same thing. A parent issue has a panel that shows the time tracking, with a flag to tell it to include sub-tasks or not.
Have another look at the available fields; the ones like original estimate, work logged etc report only on the current issue. Go to the bottom of the list of fields and you will see Σ fields that have the same name. Those mean "show data current issue and sub-tasks (if any)". Those should do what you need in a filter result gadget.
Amit - I don't see that anyone has answered your question from a year ago. I have the same question today - can the story be in points and the sub tasks be in hours - that is what I'm used to in other tools - and sprint capacity is tracked in hours / person. Any advice from JIRA best practices?
Happy to provide more info, just not sure what to provide.
Repro steps for what I'm seeing (could very well be user error):
1. In the backlog view, click a parent ticket which is correctly showing an estimate that totals all its subtask estimates
2. Change the estimate on the parent manually to anything
3. Change the estimate on the parent back to 0
4. Expected: estimate would revert to showing the total of its subtasks. Actual: estimate remains at 0 forever.
I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events