1) I have created Story with Original Estimate of 4w
2) I have created Subtask 1 Original Estimate of 2w
3) I have created Subtask 2 Original Estimate of 2w
4) I log work on Subtask1 for 1 w
5) Subtask1 Remaining Estimate shows 1w which is correct
6) Story Remaining Estimate still shows 4w
Please suggest why log work is not rolling up to Parent Story.
Could you explain where you are looking for the rolled up values? Have you got the "include sub-tasks" box ticked in the panel?
What you are referring to Time Tracking. Which is not what i am looking.
In my JIRA dashboard using filter result, I would like to show how much Progress I am making on Issue. Currently it is reflecting 0% as Remaining Estimate is not rolling up from Subtask Log work.
I think you have misunderstood. Time tracking and time estimation are the same thing. A parent issue has a panel that shows the time tracking, with a flag to tell it to include sub-tasks or not.
Have another look at the available fields; the ones like original estimate, work logged etc report only on the current issue. Go to the bottom of the list of fields and you will see Σ fields that have the same name. Those mean "show data current issue and sub-tasks (if any)". Those should do what you need in a filter result gadget.
This works Nic. Thank You.
I would like to ask What is the best practice.
Can i have user stories estimated in story point and subtask in hours.When showing progress of the Story you can use Filter result Gadget using Subtask logged effort.
The issue is likely that you put an Original Estimate on the Story.
If you remove the Original Estimate from the Story and let the values roll up from the Sub-Tasks they should be reflected properly.
Hope this helps,
This is incorrect. Once an original estimate has been put on a story, sub-tasks will never again roll up to it, regardless of whether the original estimate is removed.
Seems like a Jira bug.
Happy to provide more info, just not sure what to provide.
Repro steps for what I'm seeing (could very well be user error):
1. In the backlog view, click a parent ticket which is correctly showing an estimate that totals all its subtask estimates
2. Change the estimate on the parent manually to anything
3. Change the estimate on the parent back to 0
4. Expected: estimate would revert to showing the total of its subtasks. Actual: estimate remains at 0 forever.
I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events