Still seeing TO DO status from the default workflow even after creating a custom workflow for my project

Joshua Serry November 12, 2016

I have created a custom workflow where tickets or issues are submitted then the order of workflow steps is:

1. review (ALL)
  2. business justification
  3. in progress
  4. verification (ALL)
  5. deployment
  6. testing
  7. done
  8. ON HOLD (ALL)
  9. RETIRED (ALL)

I created the custom workflow by making a copy of the default TODO IN PROGRESS, DONE one however when you go to edit an issue in my custom workflow you still have the option to change the status to TO DO (from the default workflow) even though my custom workflow is clearly the one which is selected for the Scrum project.

What do I need to modify so that the TO DO STATUS from the default workflow isn't showing up at the top of my issues.

For example if an issue is created using the custom workflow the STATUS defaults to REVIEW as expected as it is the first step in the workflow. When trying to transition it to the business justification step while viewing the issue a STATUS of TO DO is visible.

How can I remove the option to change the status to TODO given it is not part of my custom workflow which is applied to the project and is instead part of the default workflow.

Can I remove the default workflow for the project? to achieve this (I am not sure how to completely remove the default workflow) so far I have only been able to assign my own.

2 answers

0 votes
Katrine Borge January 3, 2017

You can try removing it from the Boardsettings first. I remember when I made a new workflow the old "to do", "in progress" and "done" stood there.

If thats not your problem you can manually change the transitions from "workflows" so that you can change those to point to "To do". Mabye something went wrong when you associated the new ones like Nic said over. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2016

It sounds like your workflow and probably the default workflow have not been associated correctly.

Start debugging this with a look at the workflow scheme

1.  In your project, go to the admin page and look at the schemes.  Find the workflow one and descend into it
  2. For each issue type in the workflow scheme, note which workflow it is using.  That's probably what is wrong.

I say this because what you describe seems to be (although I am very unsure of this) a case where you've created a workflow fine, but your issues are not using it, because it is not associated correctly.

Joshua Serry November 12, 2016

Thanks NIC the issues seem to be using all the steps in my custom workflow only in addition to that the TO DO Status from the custom workflow is also visible. I want to delete or atleast make none of the statuses in the default workflow visible to my project using my custom workflow.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2016

You will only see the status for the workflow your project has been set up for.

Could you look at the workflow scheme for the project?  Does that tell you what workflows you are using?

Suggest an answer