Status categories table

Hamid MANA September 2, 2020

Hi,

As I'm working on JIRA databse, which table contains issue categories ?

I need to display the title of the category accordind to Jiraissue.issuecategory.

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2020

None of them.  It's in the logic.

This is one of many reasons you should not be reading the database - it is hard to read and does not have everything you woud guess might be in it.

Could I ask what problem you are trying to solve that makes you think SQL is an answer?

Mana Hamid September 2, 2020

I have the statuscategory field on jiraissue table that with 4 values (1,2,3,4). 

My question is : How can map these values to these onces : ToDo, In Progress, Done, ... the 4th one undefined for me.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2020

There is no status category field on the jiraissue table.

There is a status field, but that refers to status.

To map the status to the statuscategory, you are going to need to code for it.

Thank you for your answer.

sorry, the statuscategory field is on issuestatus table.

I have already done things manually.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2020

Ah, that makes more sense.  Thanks.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2020

Hi Hamid - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can see the Database Schema here:

https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/database-schema/#Databaseschema-ChangeHistory

Thank you John.

May be my question was not clear.

I'm looking for the table which contains the categories status (to do, in progress, Done, ...).

CHANGEGROUP and CHANGEITEM save the status changes over the time.