Starting sprint for one team(project), starts a second team's (project) sprint also

I'm not sure what we have linked or setup incorrectly but for some reason when we start a sprint (scrum board) for one team/project a second team's sprint is also started. Almost as if the two teams or projects were linked to each other. Is there any way to break the link?

2 answers

0 votes

Sprints belong to boards not projects.  If you need people to run different sprints, you need to define those sprints separately on different boards.

We are running different sprints, from different boards.  However, when trying to close the sprint from one board which has no open tasks, bugs or stories, the message displayed is that 'xxx issues were incomplete.'  The issues displayed are actually belonging to another board, running a different sprint

Issues do not "belong" to a board, they are selected for inclusion by a board, and can end up on many boards.

Anyway, do the incomplete issues have any relationships with the issues in the sprint being closed?  An obvious one is if you include them in shared Epics?

No, the incomplete issues do not have any relationships with the issues in the sprint being closed.

However, there was an issue that was cloned between the 2, but that issue had been closed.

What we are really looking for is an easy way to identify cloned or other related issues between the boards so that we can unlink them so that we don't have this problem. 

There is a relationship somewhere, the issues must be in the sprint they're blocking somehow.  There isn't a way I know of to get an issue out of a sprint while it remains in it like this.

Can you then please advise on how we should be copying items from 1 board to another?  We currently have dependencies, so we clone the issue from one board to another.  I'm guessing its the cloning that is causing it, so what would be the easiest way to copy the issue from one board to another?

You don't.

Issues do not belong to boards.  There's no such thing as "copying from one board to another".  You have boards which select a range of issues to show you depending on their filter.

My best guess here is that you are not choosing to clear the sprint when you clone the issues.

Me too having the same issue, as far as i know the link between two board sprints happens because of same Sprint ID, but I'm not sure how to resolve this issue, can someone help me in it?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Dec 10, 2018 in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

206 views 6 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you