Spam on JIRA?

Deleted user January 29, 2019

I created a ticket at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-6400

Every day, I see someone is adding attachments to this ticket, they are entirely unrelated to the ticket and looks like are pdf to sell training for IBM etc

Is JIRA aware of this?

1 answer

0 votes
Matthias Jupe (Scandio) January 29, 2019

Hello Dino B,

I think Atlassian know this. Normally every Reporter, Assignee and Watchers received a message. The currently settings of the Notification I do not know. But when you are watching your own issue - you can try to stop watching the issue.

Maybe it works for you.

Greetings,
Matthias

Deleted user January 31, 2019

How is removing my self from watches on my own tickets solving issue of someone spamming by adding unrelated files to a ticket?

Matthias Jupe (Scandio) February 1, 2019

Hi Dino B,

normally you can add or remove you on the right panel 'Persons' where the watchers listed.

When there only stand: Start watching this issue
you aren't watching this issue, yet.

Greetings,
Matthias

Deleted user February 1, 2019

I dont think you understand.  I dont want to remove my self from watchers on my own items.  Watchers are very useful.  Not sure why do you think that would resolve problem of spamming I reported above.  Again, I dont have problem with notifications about changes on ticket I create or watch/follow.  I have problem with the fact that someone spams my ticket above by attaching unrelated documents to its attachments.  They cleaned up the attachments yesterday thought, so hope that is fixed

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events