Site maps and tasks

Tim Sheedy December 2, 2015

Need some advice from experienced users. I need to build a pretty simple site map and then log tasks on to that. I want the tasks list to have an aggregated view in one place. User can then toggle between item in task list and where that item occurs on the site map. Any help in pointing me in the right direction in terms of products much appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2015

Here is a suggestion for you.

If you use JIRA to track your tasks and record a custom field for the location on the site map. You can then use the Agile boards with swimlanes for each location as a quick view of the status of each task.

Alternatively if you want a more customisable report you may build filters in JIRA for each location and then within Confluence build a representation of your site with a gadget such as filter stats in each location to show the summary.

In short, there are lots of options out there and you need to think of what your user really needs. Are they actioning the tasks? Or is it just to see the current status of tasks?

Hope this helps

Phill

0 votes
Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2015

You have JIRA and Confluence marked... Are you using JIRA to track tasks or are you using Confluence Page Tasks?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events