Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sevicedesk / History about notifications

teusner February 23, 2021

We use an automatism to send a notification via mail to the ticket's author when we comment on it. But there is no history entry about the mail being sent. 

is there a way to add this information to the ticket's history?

Or is there some overwiew where we can see which mails were sent and when?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2021

Hi @teusner ,

i'm afraid that the regular notifications/automation emails are not logged in the ticket itself.

For the Automation you could see it in the audit log of the automation itself (which is annoying) or you could add an action to the automation to set a comment in your ticket to create your own trace.

For the regular notifications as far as I know there is no real audit log and certainly not linked to the ticket history.

Thank you for the quick answer. Is there a way to add an entry to the history instead of adding a comment?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2021

Afraid not, you have no control over what appears in the history or a way to manipulate it. (with good reason if you think about it as it is your audit trail)

Only thing I've seen that has something like this is an add on that sends custom emails. But then it depends on how much you need this. The app will create a new tab (next to history) and show you all the email communication sent through it.

But that might be overkill just to get the history.

That sounds actually exactly what my colleague would like to see.

But I am with you, that it is a bit too much information. I will go with the comment. :)

Thank you again.

Yours David

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 23, 2021

I did find this suggestion on the Suggestion Platform so you could vote for it and watch the issue to know if an update occurs.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-11953

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events