It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Setting the desired date in Due Date field using Automation Rule Edited

Can somebody please help me with this? 

I am trying to set the Due Date Field to a certain date but it's not working on the issues where due date already exists. Is there a way to set the desired date regardless of prior value? overwrite?

I am using the smart Value {{issue.Sprint.endDate.jiraDate}} for Due Date field.Automation_Due Date.png

2 answers

Can somebody please help me with this? Is the question not clear? 

I am trying to set the Due Date Field to a certain date but it's not working on the issues where due date already exists. Is there a way to set the desired date regardless of prior value? overwrite?

sorry. I accidentally posted the question as answer. not able to delete the post.

0 votes
John Funk Community Leader May 24, 2020

Hi @sowjanya gondi  - Can you give us more information as to what is not working?

Can you share a screenshot of the Audit log for when you run it? 

Hi John, Thank you for responding. I corrected a couple of things and the rule started working now. 

1. Cleared the pre-existing value in the date field before populating it with a new date. For this step, there was reference available here in Atlassian community

2. Used smart value {{now.plusBusinessDays(10)}} instead of {{issue.Sprint.endDate.jiraDate}}

I am ok now. Thank you.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk Community Leader May 26, 2020

Great! I am glad it is working for you now!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,388 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you