Setting the desired date in Due Date field using Automation Rule

sowjanya gondi May 21, 2020

Can somebody please help me with this? 

I am trying to set the Due Date Field to a certain date but it's not working on the issues where due date already exists. Is there a way to set the desired date regardless of prior value? overwrite?

I am using the smart Value {{issue.Sprint.endDate.jiraDate}} for Due Date field.Automation_Due Date.png

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2020

Hi @sowjanya gondi  - Can you give us more information as to what is not working?

Can you share a screenshot of the Audit log for when you run it? 

sowjanya gondi May 25, 2020

Hi John, Thank you for responding. I corrected a couple of things and the rule started working now. 

1. Cleared the pre-existing value in the date field before populating it with a new date. For this step, there was reference available here in Atlassian community

2. Used smart value {{now.plusBusinessDays(10)}} instead of {{issue.Sprint.endDate.jiraDate}}

I am ok now. Thank you.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2020

Great! I am glad it is working for you now!

0 votes

Can somebody please help me with this? Is the question not clear? 

I am trying to set the Due Date Field to a certain date but it's not working on the issues where due date already exists. Is there a way to set the desired date regardless of prior value? overwrite?

sorry. I accidentally posted the question as answer. not able to delete the post.

Suggest an answer