Sending custom email on issue creation

Jan Sękara March 14, 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to send custom email to reporter on issue creation using script runner.

Whar am i doing wrong?

I get error below:

Time (on server): Tue Mar 14 2017 11:07:05 GMT+0100 (Środkowoeuropejski czas stand.)
The following log information was produced by this execution. Use statements like:log.info("...") to record logging information.
2017-03-14 11:07:04,967 ERROR [workflow.ScriptWorkflowFunction]: *************************************************************************************
2017-03-14 11:07:04,986 ERROR [workflow.ScriptWorkflowFunction]: Script function failed on issue: null, actionId: 1, file: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.getEntitiesByIssue(DefaultIssueManager.java:395)
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.getEntitiesByIssueObject(DefaultIssueManager.java:410)
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.RequestCachingIssueManager.getEntitiesByIssueObject(RequestCachingIssueManager.java:155)
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.comments.CommentSearchManager.getComments(CommentSearchManager.java:106)
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.comments.DefaultCommentManager.getComments(DefaultCommentManager.java:176)
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.comments.CommentManager$getComments$5.call(Unknown Source)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail.mergeEmailTemplate(SendCustomEmail.groovy:979)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail.mergeEmailTemplateBody(SendCustomEmail.groovy:952)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail$mergeEmailTemplateBody$2.callCurrent(Unknown Source)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail.constructMail(SendCustomEmail.groovy:474)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail$constructMail$1.callCurrent(Unknown Source)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail.constructMailWithConditionResult(SendCustomEmail.groovy:455)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail$constructMailWithConditionResult$0.callCurrent(Unknown Source)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail.doScript(SendCustomEmail.groovy:551)

Cancel

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2017

Hi Jan,

Make sure that your post-function is after the built-in "Creates the issue originally." post function, as it seems that you are executing the script which is using the "issue" variable even before the issue has been created.

Jan Sękara March 14, 2017

Thanks man... that was so obvious... smile 

Now i have diferent issue... i want to insert Assignee in email content - and i get:

2017-03-14 13:28:04,306 ERROR [workflow.ScriptWorkflowFunction]: *************************************************************************************
2017-03-14 13:28:04,308 ERROR [workflow.ScriptWorkflowFunction]: Script function failed on issue: PRES-736, actionId: 1, file: null
groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: assignee for class: groovy.lang.Binding
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail.constructMail(SendCustomEmail.groovy:475)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail$constructMail$0.callCurrent(Unknown Source)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail.constructMailWithConditionResult(SendCustomEmail.groovy:455)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail$constructMailWithConditionResult.callCurrent(Unknown Source)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail.doScript(SendCustomEmail.groovy:551)

Cancel
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2017

there is no variable called "assignee" instead you need to do 

Dear  <% out << issue.assigneeUser?.displayName %>,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events