Searching with @ symbol doesn't work

Bachowny_Plamborgs January 19, 2017

Search returns results but none of them have @ in them.

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2017

This works for me in JIRA Server v7.3.x :

seaching.png

The search text ~ "0@0" returns all issues that have "0@0" in any of 'Summary', 'Description', 'Environment', 'Comments' and certain custom fields (as per docs here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver073/advanced-searching-fields-reference-861256237.html#Advancedsearching-fieldsreference-textTextText)

If you just want to search for issues with "0@0" in Summary, you can do: summary ~ "0@0"

seaching-summary.png

Does this help, or do you get different results?

0 votes
Bachowny_Plamborgs March 16, 2017

Atlassian doesn't care. Their shit is broken and if you've already paid for it you can eat a big bag of dicks.

Doci.jpg

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2017

Hey Bachowny, 

This is a community forum with people like me and Timothy (users just like you) helping out of kindness.

So it's a bit harsh to conclude that 'Atlassian doesn't care' and post offensive content if the community hasn't yet been able to help you. 

If you want to complain or speak to Atlassian directly, you always have the option to raise a support request/contact them here: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Sam

0 votes
Bachowny_Plamborgs February 16, 2017

Bump...

Still waiting for an answer on this and a way to work around it.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2017

Have you tried escaping the @ symbol?

Bachowny_Plamborgs January 22, 2017

Yes I've tried that:

Error in the JQL Query: '\@' is an illegal JQL escape sequence. The valid escape sequences are \', \", \t, \n, \r, \\, '\ ' and \uXXXX. (line 1, character 10)

0 votes
Bachowny_Plamborgs January 22, 2017

This is in JIRA v6.4.11

I am searching for a "last traded price" so my query is: text ~ "0@0"

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2017

What version of JIRA?

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2017

Can you give an example of the sort of search you are doing?

Is it for an email address, like below?:

text ~ "test@something.com"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events