Searching for unchecked checklist items & @Mentions

Keith Tatley May 10, 2017

I'd like to be able to filter results by checklist items that have not been marked as done.

Because if I combine with with an @ mention search, I can find what checklist items allocated to a specific person are not yet complete.

The situation is we make frequent use of checklists on Trello cards. But the checklist has got different people responsible for different items on the checklist.

8 answers

9 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2017

Hi Keith,

That's a great idea! Right now, the only searces that are supported in regards to checklists specifically is text within a checklist. By that I mean that you can add checklist:text to search for specific words appearing inside of a checklist, but there's not yet a way to search for the checked or unchecked status.

I agree that would be really useful, though! I'll let the team know this is something you're looking for!

Keith Tatley May 11, 2017

Thanks Michael

Phyllis Chang July 25, 2019

Mike, I hope you are still with Atlassian and I am curious if this answer is still "no"; I am just one late comer arrived at this thread and wonder if we have any updates on building functions to allow us to be able to check "checked" or "unchecked" items in a checklist.

Like James Park likes this
James Park December 15, 2021

Plz help. this feature is useful.

Matt Caesar February 14, 2022

Bumping up the request above

Like James Park likes this
5 votes
Tom Bishop January 17, 2018

I would like to second Michael's suggestion. At our company we use the checklists all the time, to manage to-do items. We assign them to individuals so they know what portion of the card applies to them. It would be super useful to be able to search for the checklist items that have been assigned to a specific person, and even better to filter out the items that were already completed. 

Please let us know if such a feature will be implemented. 

Thanks

Tom

James Park December 15, 2021

Amen.

3 votes
Jason Newbury October 14, 2018

Agreed. We'd like to create a master list of items and be able to flick between views showing:

- the complete list

- only items that are checked

- only items that are unchecked

3 votes
Sarah Boyer April 30, 2018

following up on this as well, we'd really like to be able to search for tickets that have specific checklist items left unchecked!

2 votes
Emmanuel Bréton July 24, 2019

Same here, we would benefit a lot from this feature

Phyllis Chang July 25, 2019

Please add vote to the Atlassian Team on the top if you want to have this feature!

1 vote
venkateshprasad February 5, 2021

The answer to this is

project = "Project Name" AND "Acceptance Criteria" = itemSearch("name= Some Checklist Name", "completion = true")

This will list all the checklist items in the project with the name "Some Checklist Name" which has the check box checked

Zoltán Pálfi December 6, 2022

Thanks, Venkatesh, this works indeed.

0 votes
Christian Matthews
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 27, 2024

If you’re interested in identifying unchecked items in your checklist, follow the steps below for each item:

{{#if(issue."Checklist Custom Field".value.indexOf("Item in Checklist").max.eq(-1))}} Item in Checklist was NOT checked {{/}}

Replace ‘Your Custom Checklist Field’ with the name of your custom field and ‘Your Checklist Item’ with the item from your checklist. This script will indicate if the item is unchecked.

0 votes
Deleted user August 13, 2021

There must be a way to do this - as the "Home" screen can report on Checklists by @[deleted]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events