• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Scroll lag when viewing JIRA backlog stories Edited

Seems to be laggy when scrolling through the details of a JIRA backlog story on google chrome 64 bit, no problems when using firefox 64 bit. or when using firefox/chrome 32 bit.

System details

AMD Ryzen

Browser: Version 86.0.4240.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Steps to reproduce

1. Go to JIRA backlog using Chrome 64 bit

2. Click on any story

3. Scroll down the details of the story (on right-hand side)

4. Should be laggy / jumpy when scrolling up or down.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Oct 26, 2020

Hi Nathan,

welcome to the Atlassian Community.

I understood that some operations are slow using Chome in 64 bit edition while other browsers are just working fine.

Are there any plugins installed in the troubling Chrome browser?
Is is correctly understood that the 32 bit and 64 bit edition of the browser is installed (for a test maybe?) on the same PC?

Does this happen for other users, too?

While it is possible that there is some very specific correlation between Jira and Chrome causing the page to be laggy I'd recommend to further check the browser installation for possible culprits.

Have you had the chance to reset Chrome (doing a backup before, of course) by any Chance?

In case you could kindly provide more details somebody from Community can probably say more to the issue that persists with using Chrome 64 bit edition on your end.

Cheers,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I did further testing and suspect it may be a setting/version issue in Chrome, as both 32/64 bit chrome seems to have this issue from other colleagues PC.

• I have done a fresh reinstall without any plugins enabled(including Google sheets) and the problem persists.
  • I have tried turning off Smooth Scrolling

I'm starting to think JIRA isnt optimised for Chrome as it runs perfectly on Firefox but uses alot more ram.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

4,565 views 12 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you