Script runner: fast-track transition does not show a created issue in the right status

Thomas Konrath August 16, 2016

Hi,

We have an workflow which is simple define as:

Create Issue   ->  Status: Open for Customer -> Forward -> Status: Open

We have defined a post function for the "Create Issue" transition. Based on the project type, the transition "Forward" should be done automatically.

The script finally works but we have one problem we would like to solve:

When the post function sets the issue to the Status "Open" the issue in JIRA is shown up in the Status "Open for Customer" in the browser. If you reload the issue, it show up the correct status "Open"

It seems, that the post function is working, but does not affect the screen after the issue created.

Does anyone can help on this issue?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2016

From the docs "Place this as the last post-function, or at least after the Fire Event function.
If you don't do this, it won't work."

Hi,

Yes, we did this and tried also several settings.

As I wrote: the post-function works, but the correct status "Open" is only shown after a refresh of the issue.

Create an issue -> Press "Create" -> Issue View Screen appears with the Stauts "Open for Customer" -> Pressing F5 (refresh screen) -> Same issue is displayed againg in the Status "Open"

Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2016

Hi Thomas, 

I an understand Tarun's first answer (the 99% of the cases is that), but your case is a rare one, I remember this issue reported no more than a couple of times. Could you please let me know the JIRA and SR versions you use ?

regards

Thanos

Hi,

The version we use:

JIRA Service Desk: 3.1.4

JIRA Software: 7.1.6

Adaptavist ScriptRunner for JIRA: 4.3.0

In the mean time we come up with an another idea how we can solve our problem, what we will check today.

But thanks for helping

Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2016

Hi Thomas, 

Actually in the latest SR release (v4.3.5) there is a fix for various issues with fast track transitions. Among them and a similar one to yours SRJIRA-1318 (I don't know if you can access it - try and let me know). So it really worths to upgrade the plugin to the latest version

regards,

Thanos

Suggest an answer