Script Runner custom listener - script won't run on Issue Closed or Resolved

Kevin Tracy June 5, 2016

Hi,

I need a custom script listener to run on the events "Issue Closed" or "Issue Resolved". However, I can't seem to get these to work. The execution log reads "Has not run yet" even after I open and close issues repeatedly. I can't even get the script to output a log.error.

I have several other listeners that run on "Issue Updated" or "Issue Commented" and work fine. I know the problem is with the event because when I change the exact same listener to "Issue Updated" everything works great. Unfortunately I only want this listener to send an email once when it is closed, not every time the issue is updated leading to many emails.

If this is a known issue or you suspect what the problem is please assist. Here is the code used to initialize the issue:

String issueKey = event.issue
IssueManager issueManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager()
Issue issue = issueManager.getIssueObject(issueKey)

Thanks,

Kevin

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2016

You need to check that your workflow actually fires those events. That happens in the default workflow, but if you create one from scratch it doesn't necessarily include those events. Just setting a resolution, or transitioning to a status called "Closed", won't fire either of those events in of itself. Compare with the so-called "classic" workflow.

Kevin Tracy June 5, 2016

Thank you sir. Was not aware of this on custom workflows.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events