Script Runner create sub-task post function locked up project

I created a script runner post-function to create a sub-task on a looped transition that goes from status a and returns to status a. The firt sub-task created fine. When I hit the button a second time, it just showed an eternal thinking wheel and now I can't load the project issue screen.

The post-function is simple, it creates a sub-task without any condition. I have one action scripted which is to set the summary to a set statement:

issue.summary = 'Incident Report for ' + sourceIssue.key

I did not set any action for what should occur if the sub-task already existed.

Initially I thought that by setting the summary to the same statement for two sub-tasks, it put JIRA into a state where it could not resolve the index of issues, but after I was thinking about it, the sub-task should have a different issue number, so the duplicate summary shouldn't matter. I don't know how to fix this. I went to the DB to see if I could pull up the issue I created and just delete the second sub-task, but the DB query won't load for that issue or its parent either.

I have used the sub-task create post-function many times with the same setup as above when moving from one status to a completely different status, so I am enticed to think that it might have something to do with the looping? Any help is welcomed.

3 answers

Hi Jason,

I do not see any reason why this will fail. Did you check your logs for errors ? In which SR and JIRA versions you are ?

regards, Thanos

Thanos,

Thank you for your reply. This was a one off error. For all I know, it could have been something completely unrelated causing the issue. I restarted the server and after everything came back up, this was no longer an issue. The script works fine. Sorry for the fire drill.

Jason

Cool smile 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Fadoua M. Boualem
Published Monday in Trello

Using Trello to manage events

As a Jira power user, I was at first doubtful that Trello could benefit my workflow. Jira already uses boards (ones you can customize!), so why would I even need to use Trello?! In this post you will...

474 views 7 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you