SIL Listener triggered by User Events

Alexandre Machado November 13, 2015

I created some users events, but I can't select in SIL Listener configuration to trigger a script.

Is there some alternative ?

Thanks!

Alexandre

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexandra Topoloaga
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2015

Hi Alexandre,

Unfortunately, SIL Listeners do apply only for JIRA's default events (the system ones). So, if you add one manually, it will not appear in the list.

What should your event to? Can't it be replaced by a standard one?

Best Regards,
Alexandra

Alexandre Machado November 16, 2015

Hi Alexandra!

So I'm currently using the standards events, but I am having a problem.

Basically, I am synchronizing two issues ... one in a the service desk project with another issue on another project. (Service Desk Projects and Product Projects) as workflows these issue types are very similar, the script configured in the listener have a autotransition method that triggers the same event... and a infinite loop occur.

Thanks!

Alexandre

Alexandra Topoloaga
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2015

As you can see on our documentation page, it is not strongly not recommended to raise the same event in another way when using the SIL Listener.

0 votes
RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2017

Sorry to get back to this old post but when I noticed the same problem in my JIRA (SIL Listener did not see custom events) I found that problem was not that SIL listener only recognizes standard events but rather it does not refresh list of events after new event has been manually added. I had the following experience on my JIRA 6.4.9

• I had Kepler JJUPIN plugin version 3.0.17 installed
  • I manually added new custom event that I wanted to use with my SIL listener
  • SIL listener did not see the new event sad
  • I disabled JJUPIN plugin in UPM and then enabled it again (it made it refresh events list)
  • My custom event appeared in SIL listener configuration
  • I used it and it worked just fine smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events