Reuse Tasks

Craig Young November 12, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: JIRA Software 7.0.0 release notes

We have a basic set of tasks that are included for every project.  How can I create a template or copy a group of tasks from one project to a new project.

I am trying to avoid the tedious task of entering the same tasks for every project over and over again.  I am a manager, not a programmer.  Looking for a GUI based (not scripting or coding) solution to this issue.

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2015

I have an issue with the words "re-using JIRA issues" because that will make the issue lose it's value. Let's say I need to do "Task 1" for a project. I log my work, I put comments on it, I collaborate, I resolve, I reopen due to some other things then ultimately close it. If I were then to re-use it, what will happen with the task history then? I will clear it out? 

I guess the option you are looking for here is to "Clone Issues", you can also do bulk clones using an add-on then in this case, you can re-use an issue all the time you like.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events