Rest api for Project reindex in jira

Aswini Radhakrishnan January 2, 2017

Hi Team,

We would like to trigger reindex for a specific JIRA project remotely. We know we can reindex JIRA using rest API, but we need api for Reindexing project.

So can you please help us with the Rest API for Reindexing a Project.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2017

Hi Aswini,

There is no such. Although the server version of the REST API docs for POST /rest/api/2/reindex/issue says:

> Use either explicitly specified issue IDs or a JQL query to select issues to reindex.
there is no such param in the docs and I just tried few possible combinations via a rest client.

So the only way is to crate REST Plugin Module that calls JAVA JIRA API to start reindexing for the project. This make sense only for the sever version since there is no way to expose own REST points through the cloud addons.

0 votes
Aswini Radhakrishnan January 2, 2017

Thank you so much for your quick response. We will look for a solution from JAVA JIRA API to perform reindexing for Project.

I have another query.. Is there any possible way for getting workflow details, I mean details on how many projects are sharing a workflow.

So do we have any REST api for getting those project details, if in case the workflow is shared between multiple projects.

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2017

Unfortunately I am not aware of such method. Also scanning of the REST docs did not give me the answer. Please add it as a new question so maybe someone can answer it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events