Resolving an archived issue?

Simon Bauer July 25, 2016

Hi everyone,

we had an old project on which our employees should not be able to create issues. But they should be able to view the old issues, comments and so on.

So I created a permission scheme called "Archived Projects" and moved the project to this scheme. Originally, this scheme had the "Administer Projects" permission for the administrator group (which I'm part of) and the "Browse Projects" permission for the employee group.

Now everything works fine. Our employees can browse the old issues but not create new ones.

Problem: We still have some old issues within this project, which are currently on the state "Open". But we want to close them, so the assigned employees of these issues don't get a reminder e-mail twice a day.

So I gave myself (single user) permissions for resolving and closing issues within this project in the permission scheme.

But the problem here is that when browsing the issue, I can't see the buttons for resolving and / or closing the issue. They just don't appear.

The crazy thing here is that the Permission Helper states that I have all the permissions to resolve / close this issue. But I can't since I don't see the buttons to do so...

Any smart ideas on this? wink

Kind regards, Simon.

P.S.: In case you need the info: We're hosting JIRA 6.4.10 on our own servers.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamad Khalife
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2016

Hi Simon,

You should have transition permission as well and check if there is a transition for resolving issues from "Open" status in the workflow

Simon Bauer July 25, 2016

Hi Moe,

this worked like a charme, thank you very much! smile

Mohamad Khalife
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2016

You're most welcome. Kindly, accept the answer smile

Suggest an answer