I have the following problem: until now, we did not use resolutions and it would default to Unresolved, where it would stay until the stories were closed. Lately, we had a lot of duplicates and I wanted to use resolution Duplicate to eliminate these from my team's view. So, some of the stories are Duplicate and most are Unresolved.
In Project Settings > Issues > Resolutions I have both of these resolutions and the Unresolved is the default. When I open the list of issues: Issues > Filters and use one of my saved filters, I add the Resolution as a filter, in the drop-down list I have two Unresolved resolutions. Also, selecting either of the two displays no results. Can you please help me out? I do not want to go through all my stories Unresolved and have to update the resolutions.. Thank you!
If I understand you correctly you have added a custom resolution called "Unresolved" to the system which will conflict with the inbuilt value for an empty resolution which is also called "Unresolved".
An empty resolution should quite rightly be defined as Unresolved using the internal description. If you update the description of your custom resolution to "Custom Unresolved" you will be able to use this in your queries.
I would recommend that you use the following JQL (after renaming) to identify all issues using your custom resolution value.
resolution = "Custom Unresolved"
Then using the bulk change you can deal with these as appropriate either setting an actual resolution or clearing the resolution field.
Once you have removed the "Custom Unresolved" from all issues you should then delete this resolution so that it can not be chosen in the future.
For reference I find the easiest JQL to identify issues that do not have a resolution is
resolution is EMPTY
Thank you for your quick reply! The strange thing is that I did not add another resolution, and if I go to the View Resolutions screen (in Administration), there is only one resolution called Unresolved. Only when I use Resolutions as a filter I see two, and neither brings back any results, even if I have stories with resolution Unresolved... It sounds strange, I will attach screenshots
Phill's point is that the "unresolved" in your list of resolutions should not be there
Also, I can see in your list "in sprint". That's probably broken as well - whilst an issue can be in a sprint and resolved, it should only be resolved if it is in the "done" column, and with a resolution that tells you why it's been resolved, not "in sprint", as that doesn't tell you why it's ended.
Any value in the resolution field means the issue is resolved. It doesn't matter what you call it, it means the issue is resolved.
You need to remove that - the first step is to rename the broken ones to something clear like "broken resolution 1, do not use". That should fix your searches and make it clear what is going on in your system.
Then, you'll want to do some analysis to find out where they've been applied incorrectly. If you look at the colours of your status categories (blue, yellow and green), there's a simple rule - an issue should have a resolution when it's in a green status, and not have a value when it's blue or yellow.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Heya, Hipchat friends! We’re so happy you’re checking out Stride. Whether you know it or not, you have been instrumental in making Stride come to life. Every feature, design, and functionality...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs