Reset Login count in Jira

Hemanshu December 22, 2016

How to reset Login Count In JIRA for a particular user. 

We are implementing integration with Service Now with Rest APIs and the SN team is hitting JIRA application with APIs and every hit is being counted as a login attempt. Hence the login attempts have risen upto 200k in about 2 months. Please suggest.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2016

The only way to do this is to edit it from the DB itself.

True_Developer April 13, 2017

so there is no REST API for resetting the login count? 

True_Developer April 13, 2017

can you let me know what is the db statement to reset it?

Deleted user March 1, 2019

This worked for me - don't forget to change the <schema> to your schema name and change <USERNAME> to the login name the user uses.

UPDATE <schema>.cwd_user_attributes
SET attribute_value = 1 FROM <schema>.cwd_user_attributes WHERE attribute_name = 'login.count' and user_id = (SELECT id FROM <schema>.cwd_user WHERE user_name = '<USERNAME>');

Remember, tho; Always attempt in DEV before PRODUCTION

Francesco R
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2020

Hi,

the correct command is without

FROM <schema>.cwd_user_attributes

so it should be:

UPDATE <schema>.cwd_user_attributes SET attribute_value = 1 WHERE attribute_name = 'login.count' and user_id = (SELECT id FROM <schema>.cwd_user WHERE user_name = '<USERNAME>');

but I've a question.
What about the "lower_attribute_value" in the "cwd_user_attributes" table ?
In my table it has the same value of attribute_value. What is it for ? I see it's increased in the same way of "attribute_value"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events