Remove filter results sorting?

I have several filter results shown on my dashboard. By mistake I clicked on one of the column headings, now the gadget contents are sorted by that header. I don't want that (my filter has specific ORDER BY statements for that).

How do I remove the sort?

Do I really have to remove and re-add the filter results gadget??

2 answers

I'm having the same issue.

If you edit that filter in the Issue Navigator (aka the filter issues list), you should be able to take your existing filter, click Advanced, and then remove the ORDER BY statement that was added behind the scenes when you clicked the column header.  Save this filter and then your results on the dashboard shouldn't be affected by the auto-sorting. 

I checked the issue navigator: the filter does not contain any additional ORDER BY statement after clicking the header. Removing the gadget (but leaving the filter) and then re-adding the gadget works. Just removing the column and adding it again to the gadget does not work. (This is JIRA 6.4)

Oh gotcha.  I think I misunderstood which column you were talking about (gadget column vs filter column)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published Friday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

50 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot