• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Remove filter results sorting?

I have several filter results shown on my dashboard. By mistake I clicked on one of the column headings, now the gadget contents are sorted by that header. I don't want that (my filter has specific ORDER BY statements for that).

How do I remove the sort?

Do I really have to remove and re-add the filter results gadget??

5 answers

I'm having the same issue.

Still, 2 years later.  C'mon Atlassian, let us unselect our sort on this otherwise useful gadget.

same... using NextGen online - this issue is going on 4 years?

Has anyone found an equivalent gadget without this issue or alternate solution?

This borders on being a very minor security problem, since it seems non-dashboard owners can make changes to an object they shouldn't have permission to change.  Makes me wonder what other interactions could mutate data a user doesn't have permission to change.

Is this actually a thing? Fantastic work as usual Atlassian

My temporary solution was:

1. Add the field I want sorted as a column. In my case it was Rank.
  2. Sort by this field (Rank).
  3. Remove the column
  4. Hope nobody ever clicks on a column heading ever again.

Hope is not a plan.

It would be great to have the clicking on column headings Sort Asc, Sort Desc, Remove Sort

My dashboard is for external customer stakeholders. I too was using the rank column. But I can't control what they click on. 

Your solution is what I ended up doing as well. Except, I have to leave the Rank column visible. At least this gives the user a chance to get back to rank order.

If you edit that filter in the Issue Navigator (aka the filter issues list), you should be able to take your existing filter, click Advanced, and then remove the ORDER BY statement that was added behind the scenes when you clicked the column header.  Save this filter and then your results on the dashboard shouldn't be affected by the auto-sorting. 

I checked the issue navigator: the filter does not contain any additional ORDER BY statement after clicking the header. Removing the gadget (but leaving the filter) and then re-adding the gadget works. Just removing the column and adding it again to the gadget does not work. (This is JIRA 6.4)

Oh gotcha.  I think I misunderstood which column you were talking about (gadget column vs filter column)

Hey all, there is a bug report FYI https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-47039

But it's been there only 5 years, so it could take a while longer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

858 views 14 20
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you