Query for status changed doesn't work

Anja Richter August 5, 2019

Hi all :) ; 

I wrote a query for a next-gen project where I want to check which tickets were rejected in a specified time range. My query looks like this:

project = XYZ AND status changed FROM "Ready for QA" TO "In Progress" BEFORE "2019/08/01" 

My results are always empty but I know there are tickets with this status change. 

Where is my fault?

1 answer

1 vote
Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2019

I would try using a different Date operator...like startOfMonth() and see if you get results. 

I tried to recreate your issue in my own instance and was able to execute without any issues though.

A random side note if you are using Custom statuses....I once ran into a scenario where a Status was failing to return any query results...after fighting it for a bit of time I came to realize that when i built the custom status I had included a space at the end of the Status and because i was not putting the space in the query it was failing to return the actual status i was expecting to see. ex: instead of "In Progress" it was "In Progress "

Anja Richter August 6, 2019

Thanks for your reply. I tried it out, but it didn't work. I tried the query für another project and it worked, but not for the other one. Maybe the reason could that it's a next-gen project?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events