Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Query for status changed doesn't work

Hi all :) ; 

I wrote a query for a next-gen project where I want to check which tickets were rejected in a specified time range. My query looks like this:

project = XYZ AND status changed FROM "Ready for QA" TO "In Progress" BEFORE "2019/08/01" 

My results are always empty but I know there are tickets with this status change. 

Where is my fault?

1 answer

I would try using a different Date operator...like startOfMonth() and see if you get results. 

I tried to recreate your issue in my own instance and was able to execute without any issues though.

A random side note if you are using Custom statuses....I once ran into a scenario where a Status was failing to return any query results...after fighting it for a bit of time I came to realize that when i built the custom status I had included a space at the end of the Status and because i was not putting the space in the query it was failing to return the actual status i was expecting to see. ex: instead of "In Progress" it was "In Progress "

Thanks for your reply. I tried it out, but it didn't work. I tried the query für another project and it worked, but not for the other one. Maybe the reason could that it's a next-gen project?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,888 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you