Project configuration export error

Sanu Soman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2016

Hi All,

I'm facing error while exporting project configuration via Project Configurator plugin,

An error occurred:

Found custom field with values for issues in exported project(s), with id: 10031. This field does not exist. Check if its type is defined in a plugin that has been disabled.

Log error says,

2016-05-31 09:15:30,299 http-bio-8040-exec-7 ERROR jira-admin 555x244x1 6i73tt 147.60.17.124 /secure/project-config-export!exportConfiguration.jspa [awnaba.projectconfigurator.projectconfigserialize.ProjectConfigSerializingContext]  Found custom field with values for issues in exported project(s), with id: 10031. This field does not exist. Check if its type is defined in a plugin that has been disabled.

I couldn't find this custom field JIRA gui and database either. Could you please suggest on this?

Thanks,

Sanu P Soman

1 answer

0 votes
José Marañón [Awnaba Software S.L.]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2016

Hi Sanu,

Please have a look at issue PCP-428, that explains the meaning of that message. It also has a comment about the most likely fix for that problem.

First of all, run the query described there:

select * from customfield where id=10031

and apply the advice in the issue to re-install or re-enable the plugin that defines the relevant custom field type. This is the best solution.

However, if that query does not return any row (as the question implies, when you say 'I couldn't find this custom field JIRA gui and database either') then you would have three options to fix the problem:

1. Export all custom fields, instead of restricting export only to the custom fields used by the exported projects. This should be acceptable if the source instance does not have many custom fields or you are exporting all projects.
  2. Launch the export from a command line (see here how to do it) and use the parameter filterCFMode=filterUnusedCFStrict.
  3. Remove the custom field value rows that refer to the missing custom field. This is always risky as it means updating directly the database. If you choose this solution I would suggest to consult the problem first with Atlassian support. If you want to import later the project data (issues, etc.) as described here, this would be your only option.

If you need further information, do not hesitate to get back in contact.

Regards,

José Marañón

Awnaba Software S.L.

Vaibhav Kamble September 19, 2019

I am facing same error but from this query, we get the result then what to do?

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2019

Hi Valibhav,

If you are still encountering an issue with Project Configurator, then can I please ask you to create a support ticket in the product support portal located here so that we can advise further on how to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Kristian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events