Problem with DVCS connector - HTTP Response code 415

Ankur January 14, 2020

I am using JIRA 8.5.3 with Jira DVCS Connector Plugin - 5.2.6.

I created the DVCS connection with GitHub Enterprise. When DVCS connector is added in JIRA, it created hooks in GitHub for each repository.

Hooks were created with following configuration:

Payload URL - https://<my server url>/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/198/repo/sync

Content-Type - "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"

But with this configuration GitHub is not able to send push information to JIRA. It fails with error 415 (unsupported content type).

I found two ways to fix this:

Option 1 - Update payload URL to remove "repo" without changing the content-type i.e. make it https://<my server url>/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/198/sync

Option 2 - Keep the payload URL as default set by JIRA but change the content type to "application/json"

After making any of the above change, payload gets delivered successfully. But this cannot be right solution to do for all repositories.

This seems some problem with the DVCS connection plugin 5.2.6.

Has anyone else faced this ? What is the solution ?

1 answer

0 votes
Mahtab
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2020

Hi Ankur and team,

This is a known issue and we have an open bug report for this: JSWSERVER-20298: "DVCS creates incorrect webhook payload URL resulting in 415 error". 

This issue is affecting Jira versions released after July 2019.  The workaround provided is to "Remove "/repo" from the payload URL manually, webhook work properly." which you are already aware of.  

We encourage you to add yourself as a watcher to the bug ticket to be kept informed of progress going forward. That way, if the ticket is updated by our development team, you'll be notified via email. There's a number of factors that determine what gets fixed and when - For more details on how Atlassian handles and prioritizes bugfixes, please refer to the Atlassian Bug Fixing Policy.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and seek your kind understanding.

Kind regards,
Mahtab Shahlori | Atlassian Support

Ankur January 21, 2020

Thanks Mahtab for acknowledging the issue. I have added myself as a watcher. Is there any timeline by when the defect will be fixed ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events