It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Problem with DVCS connector - HTTP Response code 415 Edited

Ankur I'm New Here Tuesday

I am using JIRA 8.5.3 with Jira DVCS Connector Plugin - 5.2.6.

I created the DVCS connection with GitHub Enterprise. When DVCS connector is added in JIRA, it created hooks in GitHub for each repository.

Hooks were created with following configuration:

Payload URL - https://<my server url>/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/198/repo/sync

Content-Type - "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"

But with this configuration GitHub is not able to send push information to JIRA. It fails with error 415 (unsupported content type).

I found two ways to fix this:

Option 1 - Update payload URL to remove "repo" without changing the content-type i.e. make it https://<my server url>/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/198/sync

Option 2 - Keep the payload URL as default set by JIRA but change the content type to "application/json"

After making any of the above change, payload gets delivered successfully. But this cannot be right solution to do for all repositories.

This seems some problem with the DVCS connection plugin 5.2.6.

Has anyone else faced this ? What is the solution ?

1 answer

0 votes
Mahtab Atlassian Team yesterday

Hi Ankur and team,

This is a known issue and we have an open bug report for this: JSWSERVER-20298: "DVCS creates incorrect webhook payload URL resulting in 415 error". 

This issue is affecting Jira versions released after July 2019.  The workaround provided is to "Remove "/repo" from the payload URL manually, webhook work properly." which you are already aware of.  

We encourage you to add yourself as a watcher to the bug ticket to be kept informed of progress going forward. That way, if the ticket is updated by our development team, you'll be notified via email. There's a number of factors that determine what gets fixed and when - For more details on how Atlassian handles and prioritizes bugfixes, please refer to the Atlassian Bug Fixing Policy.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and seek your kind understanding.

Kind regards,
Mahtab Shahlori | Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

1,932 views 8 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you