Problem: Resolution value and event are not set at workflow transition.

licinia August 1, 2017

Hi all, I tried out to enter a bug for this but got "does not have assign issue permission" from system.

Last week, I created a workflow with a transition "to be review" in which I updated resolution field to "Done" value and fire a "Issue resolution " event. It worked fine.

Since then, I reworked the workflow, added some transitions, and publish draft at the end.

Now, when going through transition, no resolution event is fired, and resolution remain to unresolved. I use Jira server 7.2.7

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Capture.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2017

There are only two things I can think of here:

1.  You have removed the "done" resolution after setting it up in the post-function.  However I would expect that to show errors in your screenshot, and not allow the transition to proceed.

2.  You are not actually using that transition.  You might be accidentally selecting one with a similar name, or you've not associated this with the project/issue-type you are testing with.

licinia August 4, 2017

Hi Nic.

Thanks for your answer.

I updated another transition of the worflow, and resaved, and everything went ok then. I do not understand why as my workflow was not in draft...

Still, now it works fine, thanks for your kind help

Regards

licinia August 11, 2017

Hi Nic.

Today, I got the problem back but I found out why: in my workflow, I have re-used a transition for two steps of workflow . As I selected re-used transition, in my mind, it was name + transition settings... But in fact it is only for name!!! As a result, I set post functions only to one of the 2 transitions, and when passing through the workflow on the 2nd, it was not executed as transitions settings were not re-used...

This is confusing and made some time to understand.

If it can help somebody.

Regards.

Suggest an answer