It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Outlook.office365.com: Login too long ? Edited

Hello,

We have a problem with the integration of a office365.com mailbox

We have this message: AuthenticationFailedException: LOGIN failed.

The log file:

DEBUG: JavaMail version 1.6.0
DEBUG: successfully loaded resource: /META-INF/javamail.default.providers
DEBUG: Tables of loaded providers
DEBUG: Providers Listed By Class Name: {com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSSLTransport=javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtps,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSSLTransport,Oracle], com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport=javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtp,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport,Oracle], com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPSSLStore=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,imaps,com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPSSLStore,Oracle], com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3SSLStore=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,pop3s,com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3SSLStore,Oracle], com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,imap,com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore,Oracle], com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Store=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,pop3,com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Store,Oracle]}
DEBUG: Providers Listed By Protocol: {imaps=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,imaps,com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPSSLStore,Oracle], imap=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,imap,com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore,Oracle], smtps=javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtps,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSSLTransport,Oracle], pop3=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,pop3,com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Store,Oracle], pop3s=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,pop3s,com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3SSLStore,Oracle], smtp=javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtp,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport,Oracle]}
DEBUG: successfully loaded resource: /META-INF/javamail.default.address.map

The configuration:
PROTOCOLE: SECURE_IMPA
Hostname: Outlook.office365.com
Port 995
Login: 46 characters with "." and "-"

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

The problen was a rights to the office account.
Thanks for your help.

[resolved]

0 votes

The log you have given us is not of the actual login, just the connecting part.

The rest of the log should give you an error that tells you why it is failing.

atlassian-jira.log:

2020-07-30 13:26:49,081+0200 http-nio-8080-exec-6 ERROR admin 806x866x1 v5e45c 10.153.71.235 /secure/admin/VerifyPopServerConnection!update.jspa [c.a.j.p.mail.webwork.VerifyMailServer] Unable to connect to the server at outlook.office365.com due to the following exception: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: LOGIN failed.

I have 2 mailbox to o365.com.
I can connect with the first address, but with the second, I have this problem.

Ok, Authentication failed is often "wrong username/password", but it can be a lot of other things.  You'll actually need to read the mail server logs to see why it is rejecting the login attempt.

If I coy/paste the login and the password on a chrome windows, I can connect.

And I don't have access at the mail server logs.

Then there's not a lot we can tell you.  You need the mail server to tell you why it is giving you that error message.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,354 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you