My open issues are appearing with a strike through on the agile and sprint boards. Each issues "Resolution" state is listed as "unresolved". How do I remove the strike through?
Two things - remove the data that breaks JIRA, then repair the broken ones.
I sense the frustration from having to answer that same question over and over. It seems that every single JIRA admin has had that issue at some point. There are no good reasons to set a resolution anywhere but in a transition. I wonder why Atlassian doesn't just restrict the Resolution field and make it special like status, in the sense that it's changed through a transition and not an edition.
I'd have gone one further and dumped resolution as the "how do we know it's done with" question. If you care to search (although it's really boring and repetetive, so I wouldn't), you'll find my whinging on the subject going back at least 8 years
Thanks for the posts on this, it did help me figure out the reason for the strike-through's on my project.
So to clarify, if you have ANYTHING in the transition post function at any status, including "Unresolved”, it looks at the fact that SOMETHING is the field, and considers it resolved and strikes through the issue ID.
I noticed this specifically on the ALL status transition post functions that I have to create a post function for Resolution to be “None”, even though it still shows up on the issue and in search queries as "Unresolved".
The trick here is that one is real, and the other is false - and it IS sneaky, since you can't tell visually if it's actually EMPTY or UNRESOLVED - because they both say “Unresolved”. I know that Atlassian says this "isn't a bug" and it's "tricky" but this feels like a bug to me. The work-around is to do a query to find these issues, change the status, change it back, and Wa-La, it removes the strike through.
resolution != EMPTY and status not in (Closed, Complete, Cancelled, Done)
Kristin Fast explained it nicely for new Admins. It helped me get rid off strik-throughs for issues that were moved back from RESOLVED to a status back in workflow. We had few such issues that were RESOLVED mistakenly. When we moved them back, it retained the strike-through's even though I was setting the Resolution to "Unknown" via a post function. Based on Kristin's comments, I updated that post function to "clear" the Resolution field and it fixed it.
Interesting enough, there are tickets that have the same resolution state (unresolved) that do NOT have the same strike through.
Agile Board.jpg1346 Ticket_WITHOUT a strike through.jpg1345 Ticket_with a strike through.jpg
Those issues are properly unresolved, rather than unresolved.
That is, the ones with a strikethrough are resolved, because you've put something in the resolution field. Doesn't matter that the word you have used is "unresolved", the field is filled, therefore the issue is resolved.
The unresolved ones without a strikethrough are unresolved because the field is empty. JIRA is displaying unresolved because the field is empty and it wants to show you something other than a blank space.
Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs