My Jenkins is a localhost8080 for that how to create a credential in jira

Arunraj March 9, 2021

I was installed jenkins in local host so when i'm try to create credential in jira how can i put jenkins url its not taking.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2021

Ok, so you'll need to follow https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/api-tokens-938839638.html to get the key, then follow what https://plugins.jenkins.io/jira/ says for setting up the Jenkins connection (I'm guessing you're using that one to do it, there's others, but this is the one I run into the most often)

Arunraj March 9, 2021

I go throw the link that's fine, but my problem is in Jenkins configuration "Jira Software Cloud Integration" in that tab need to put client ID, for that need to create credential for Jenkins in jira.so in Jira but my Jenkins installed in localhost, Server base URL*  I'm not able to put my local host URL.Untitled21321321.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2021

There's no client ID in that image, but actually, you have a bigger problem.

If you want your Cloud system to work with your Jenkins, it needs to be able to see it.  Running it localhost can't work, you need to run it somewhere Jira Cloud can get to it.

Once you've done that, you'll be able to fill in the App name with "My Jenkins" and the "Server base url" with the url that you have published your Jenkins on.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 9, 2021

The url for a system and credentials for Jira are two totally different things.

Could you explain what you are trying to do?

Arunraj March 9, 2021

I want to integrate Jira in Jenkins, to create a issue. For that In Jenkins "Jira Software Cloud Integration" tab want to fill there I don't know how to create a client id in Jira.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Arunraj March 9, 2021

Please find the attachment for your referenceUntitled21321321.jpg

Suggest an answer