Multiple transitions on a single step in workflow

Good afternoon,

I am fairly new to JIRA and am working on putting together a workflow. We have a desire to hopefully be able to add multiple transitions to the "Open" step in our workflow that will go down a separate workflow path. For example.
Create --> Open --> Option 1 or Option 2 (transition to Option 1 or 2)

Option 1 --> work --> Review --> Close

Option 2 --> Work --> Review --> Close

Is this possible and perhaps there are some simple instructions to accomplish this? Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Joe Pitt Community Champion Mar 02, 2016

I'm presuming you want this for the same issue type. You can do this with a validator.  You need a field set at create or after it is opened for the option needed. Then you need 2 transitions out of Open, one for each option. You use a validator to look at the value and if option 1 is set the transition will be allowed and if option 2 is set that one will be allowed. see https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver070/advanced-workflow-configuration-749383189.html for more information

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published Friday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

51 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot