Move values in few custom fields to a new custom field or a system field.

Hi,

We currently have few custom fields which we want to remove eventually. So, before we remove them we want to move the data in these custom fields to a new custom field or any system field like Description.

If below are the custom fields -

Source Server = ABC

Target Server = XYZ

I want the below change -

Description = Source Server = ABC

Target Server = XYZ

So, I want the custom field names and their values appearing in the Description field or any other custom field say Service Request Details. 

We have 300+ issues in a project and we want to make this change to the existing issues. I have weighed options to create a post-function but I believe it works only with new issues created. Also, an export and import but we have to make modifications in the spreadsheet I believe. Also, doing an export and import will change the issue numbers right? 

Please let me know the best way to do this.

1 answer

0 vote
Alexey Matveev Community Champion Jan 22, 2018

You would need an add-on for it like Power Scripts or Adaptivist ScriptRunner. 

If you have Power Scripts add-on then your post-function would look like this

description = "Source Server = " + #{Source Server} + "Target Server = " + #{Target Server}

You could also write a job based on the script above and run it for the old issues.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published Friday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

67 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot