Move values in few custom fields to a new custom field or a system field.

Divya Yathagiri Venkata January 22, 2018

Hi,

We currently have few custom fields which we want to remove eventually. So, before we remove them we want to move the data in these custom fields to a new custom field or any system field like Description.

If below are the custom fields -

Source Server = ABC

Target Server = XYZ

I want the below change -

Description = Source Server = ABC

Target Server = XYZ

So, I want the custom field names and their values appearing in the Description field or any other custom field say Service Request Details. 

We have 300+ issues in a project and we want to make this change to the existing issues. I have weighed options to create a post-function but I believe it works only with new issues created. Also, an export and import but we have to make modifications in the spreadsheet I believe. Also, doing an export and import will change the issue numbers right? 

Please let me know the best way to do this.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2018

You would need an add-on for it like Power Scripts or Adaptivist ScriptRunner. 

If you have Power Scripts add-on then your post-function would look like this

description = "Source Server = " + #{Source Server} + "Target Server = " + #{Target Server}

You could also write a job based on the script above and run it for the old issues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events