Manage multiple project in a Gannt Chart?

Christoph Oberer March 24, 2016

Hi All,

I am searching for a Solution to manage multiple JIRA projects in the same way as a single project in BigPicture Gantt. Reason: I need to manage the projects and their dependencies on a Multi project Level (program planning). In the end I need to have the Program-Overview in a Gantt Chart (every project represented as 1 bar and show their dependecies (with Arrows as linked Issues in Jira)) and to have the possibility to show the Chart in different scale (Week, Month, Quarter, Half year, Year, Five years).

I am very happy with BigPicture. Would be great to have a new Feature for that smile

BR and thx,

Christoph

2 answers

0 votes
Christoph Oberer March 24, 2016

Hi Matthew,

Thx for the fast answer smile. Yes I know what you explain but I need to overview not on Issue Level but a level higher on Project Level. Means one project is representing with one Item/Element (see screenshot 1).

screenshot 1.JPG

I found one add-on with a feature like that...

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.soyatec.jira.plugins.jira-ganttchart-project/cloud/overview

Check Doku here on chapter "Project Portfolio" (see screenshot 2).

http://www.jiraproject.com/confluence/display/JRAGANTT/Getting+Started

screenshot 2.JPG

BR and thx,

Christoph

Matthew Jagiello
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2016

Once you have the Program with all your projects pulled in ready, there's nothing stopping you from showing only projects and working only on them.

Once you open such a  Program, you will see all tasks under their respective projects - simply click the "-" icon next to your projects to see only them, or create a Quick Filter that will hide all tasks  This way you will have exactly what your first image represents.

0 votes
Matthew Jagiello
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2016

Hi,

You can already do this out of the box smile When creating a new Program in BigPicture, you have 4 options, one of which is a JQL query. When chosen, it will create a Program with all tasks and projects specified in a previously made query.

In the standard JIRA search, use the formula:

project=ABC OR project=BCA OR project=CBA OR project=ACB....etc

Once the search results below the search bar are deemed satisfying, click "Save as" next to the search box,and name your filter. Then just choose it in the import from JQL option in BigPicture.

Suggest an answer