Mail notification preferences

Rolf Thijsen October 4, 2016

How do I set email notifications, so that I only receive notifications on stories I'm assigned to or when I'm mentioned.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2016

That is handled in the notification scheme and that is managed by the JIRA admin. The only tailoring you can do in your profile to to turn off/on notifications of changes YOU make.

Risto Mononen June 20, 2017

I am ok with the large set of information from JIRA but don't like it coming all day. A daily digest would be enough, or one in the morning and another in the afternoon. Can you create a feature request for it?

1 vote
David Skreiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2016

This is a very frequent question among new users of JIRA, who don't yet know how much Atlassian loves having their products send mails laugh 

Basically, your only option as a user is to create Outlook filters that will automatically move all JIRA notifications to folders made for them. This way your inbox stays clean, and you can even have Outlook pre-sort your JIRA notifications into different folders.

You could also theoretically ask your JIRA admin to change the notification scheme. These however were typically discussed with the project lead at the start of the project, and decided upon in a project setup meeting.

Project leads tend to argue "My people LOVE information, send them everything!" during project setup (even if the users complain about SPAM later), and when you ask them if they want a new scheme, they will argue "But they're all used to it now, don't change it just for the one guy who whines".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events